- 50% faster 2D and 3D scans with equal image quality1, 2 using Philips Compressed SENSE MR acceleration technology
- 60+ exam cards removed from radiology protocols to eliminate inconsistencies and improve patient flow, based on insights from Philips PerformanceBridge, a real-time data platform
Patient and staff experience. Phoenix Children’s worked to create a calming environment throughout the oncology imaging continuum. By using Philips Ambient Experience during PET/CT scans, patients choose the color, theme and music of their surroundings, making a potentially scary test more soothing. It also reduces the need for anesthesia. “The uptake Ambient room was wonderful,” said one patient’s parent in a satisfaction survey. Others called it ‘much more relaxing’ and ‘calm.’ The staff felt likewise. Because their young charges were less stressed, the enhanced environment helped improve interactions with the children and increased the staff’s satisfaction with, and gratification in, their work.
Confidence through understanding. Phoenix Children’s can now produce a 3D printed image of a patient’s heart to help the child and their surgeon gain greater understanding. “Getting to that 3D print takes a lot of technology,” says Dr. Dianna Bardo, Director of Body MR and Co-Director of 3D Innovation Lab, Radiology at Phoenix Children’s. “That technology begins with the Philips CT or MR scan, and proceeds through the IntelliSpace Portal, where there is some very technical image segmentation that goes on in our 3D lab.” The end result, however, is simply incredible. “To see a child hold a model of their heart in their hand and a parent witness that is amazing,” says Bardo.
Financial stability via uptime. Keeping technology up and running reduces time lost for patients and staff as well as unproductive costs to the bottom line. The Philips and Phoenix Children’s partnership has generated significantly increased system uptime, in part through virtual service calls.
- 50% reduction in mean time to repair of 4 hours for ultrasound systems3
- 10% reduction in mean time to repair of 4 hours for patient monitoring systems3
- 40%+ remote service resolution rate4
- 18% first-time fix rates for imaging systems5